- Nothing like a manhunt for an escaped axe murderer to take over all of the bulletins. Although personally, I would have thought the London Police being found guilty of endangering the public when fatally shooting the Brazilian chap on the train would have been a better leader (it came in at 2,4, and 3 on Prime, One, and 3 respectively).
- When One followed Peter Williams QC on his crusade for legal breaches in the road blocks in Tuhoe country, 3 followed the fact that Baby Pumpkin's grandma probably wasn't going to take the $50k raised for her.
- When 3 followed up on the Drug Foundation's call to review legislation of cannabis (with NORML refuting the NZDF's survey finding most people wanted it to remain illegal), One went with the new restrictions on the sale of fireworks.
- When One did the Hingis-cocaine scandal, 3 told us Mr. McCann was back to work.
- When 3 told Brent Todd pleaded guilty to four charges of fraud (he'd probably be free by now if he'd done it earlier), One was talking about a norovirus scare for Christchurch shellfish.
- When Sainsbury was talking about fireworks, Campbell's offsider, Hirschfeld, was talking homebirths. I'm beginning to see a pattern here.